By Chris Georgakopoulos
April 8, 2014 - Canterbury-Bankstown Express
A BUSINESS proposal will be handed to NSW Sports Minister Gabrielle Upton in coming weeks as funding for the Sydney Multicultural Arts and Sports Precinct in Belmore remains up in the air.
The Belmore Sports Ground project received confirmation of more than $4 million from a Federal Government grant last year.
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Sydney Olympic and Canterbury Council have committed funds and are lobbying the State Government to help reach the further $4m needed.
Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle said that she was confident the project will go ahead.
"We are optimistic that we will find the financial investors required (for the project)," Ms Castle said.
"We are also talking to benefactors and philanthropists who have a proud history in the Belmore area and would like to see this legacy built."
The project will include two new grandstands, performance and visual arts spaces and a 2km walkway linking the facility to railway stations.