By Mick Roberts
October 31, 2012 - The Torch
BACK to Belmore president Luke Brailey has told the executive committee that the organisation will not be seeking to demand or force the Canterbury-Bankstown Rugby League Football Club to stage a select number of their NRL matches at Belmore Sports Ground.
Mr Brailey told the committee members during their monthly closed meeting last week that the idea of demanding the Bulldogs play matches at Belmore "isn't on the cards and we are not interested in pursuing it".
Operations manager Steven Cataldi said even if the venue is brought up to NRL standard with further funding from the state and federal governments, it is not the committee's intention to pressure the Bulldogs to play more games on Belmore.
Since the Bulldogs' trial match against the Roosters in February, many supporters have called for Back to Belmore to force the issue of playing at least one or two premiership fixtures at their spiritual home.
"While it is not our policy to determine where the Bulldogs play their NRL matches, Back to Belmore would certainly encourage the club to return to Belmore for a select number of their fixtures provided that the venue is returned to an acceptable NRL standard," Mr Cataldi said.
"We are confident that the Bulldogs are already well aware of local sentiments."