By Adam Vidler
October 30, 2012 - Canterbury-Bankstown Express
Back To Belmore president Luke Brailey has reaffirmed his organisation's distance from diehard Bulldogs supporters who are demanding the club play more NRL matches at Belmore Sports Ground.
Mr Brailey told the Back To Belmore executive committee the organisation would not seek to demand or force the Bulldogs to stage a select number of NRL matches at the ground.
Vice-president Luke Cevolani said the goals of Back to Belmore, which was founded in 2005, were broader.
"Hence, it is our obligation to passionately promote the development of local sport and athletes in our area and the redevelopment and restoration of Belmore Sports Ground as a multi-purpose sporting facility," he said.
While Back To Belmore would support the idea of the Bulldogs playing more matches at the ground, Mr Cevolani said the organisation's motives had been deeply misconstrued by the public.
Operations manager Steven Cataldi said there would be no point forcing the issue with the Bulldogs.
"We are confident that the Bulldogs are already well aware of local sentiments," he said.
The Bulldogs are contracted to play their home games at ANZ Stadium until 2015.
They played the Roosters in a trial match at the Belmore ground before the 2012 NRL season and have used the venue for training and NSW Cup matches this year.