By Danielle Buckley
May 30, 2017 - Canterbury-Bankstown Express
The Back to Belmore group has praised outgoing Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle for her efforts in the last four years to transform "Belmore Sports Ground into the venue it is today".
Castle resigned last week as chief executive of the Canterbury Bulldogs and will leave the NRL club at the end of the season despite having a year to go on her contract.
A Back to Belmore spokesman said under Castle's watch, the Bulldogs staged their first NRL premiership match of the 21st century at Belmore in June 2015.
"Her commitment to staging further games speaks for itself," he said.
Back to Belmore and the Bulldogs would continue to work together to safeguard the historic Belmore ground.
Castle became the first woman to run a NRL club in 15 years when she was appointed in 2013. She oversaw three finals appearances.
Her resignation follows reports of tension with Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib following an email Castle sent to rival clubs complaining about a breach in protocol by the players' union.