By Chris Georgakopoulos
November 26, 2013 - Canterbury-Bankstown Express
The Canterbury-Bankstown community is working to ensure the $4 million transformation of Belmore Sports Ground into a multi-cultural arts and sports precinct goes ahead.
Since The Express launched a campaign last week in response to the Federal Government's decision to review the project, which was announced by the then Labor government in June, sporting and community groups have been quick to join the cause.
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle said it was "incredibly important" the transformation went ahead.
"We've been in constant dialogue with the right people for the last six weeks and are hoping it will still go ahead," Ms Castle said.
Officials from Sydney Olympic - which uses the venue as its home ground in the National Premier League NSW men's 1 competition - are planning to meet the "new stakeholders" in Federal Government.
"We believe multicultural arts, sport and football in particular can draw people to the precinct," Sydney Olympic Chris Tsioulos said. "This ultimately enables a community to come closer together."
Back To Belmore's Luke Brailey said the transformation was essential to the venue's future.
WHO: You are invited to join The Express' campaign to ensure the $4 million transformation of Belmore Sports Ground into a multicultural arts and sports precinct goes ahead
HOW: Email your messages of support to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward them to Regional Development Minister Warren Truss