MAIN GATE | THE STEWART STAND | MEDIA KENNEL | BULLDOG ALLEY | PEDIGREE CLUB MEMBERS | TERRY LAMB HILL
CB LOUNGE | PETER MOORE SCOREBOARD | STEVE MORTIMER BAR | OFFICIAL AREA | INFORMATION BOOTH



Media Kennel
>> News

Labor will fund precinct gap

By Cindy Ngo

June 21, 2016 - Canterbury-Bankstown Express

THE $4 million funding gap for a new multicultural arts and sports precinct at Belmore Sports Ground will be made up by the Federal Government if Labor wins the election.

Last week Watson federal MP Tony Burke and Opposition infrastructure spokesman Anthony Albanese announced Labor would expand federal funding from an initial $4 million to $8 million.

The project has been in the works since 2013 when a Labor federal government committed funds from the Regional Development Australia Fund. However, the project has been unsuccessful in getting State Government funding so far.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs rugby league club and Sydney Olympic FC have eached pledged $1 million, while the former Canterbury Council committed up to $1.5 million to the project.

If the project is approved, there will be two new grandstands, providing an extra 1700 seats, a visual arts centre and a space for live performances.

"If Labor wins the election, then the offer's still there for the State Government to commit, but if they don't we'll go ahead with it anyway and we'll put in the remaining $4 million gap," Mr Burke said.

A spokesman from community group Back to Belmore said the ground needed to cater for as many sports as possible.

 


Home | About | News | Events | Patron | Get Involved
Merchandise | Ambassador | Forward to Belmore | Executive Committee | Contact

DISCLAIMER
© 2017-2018 Back to Belmore Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.